Business Development Executive - Defence Industry, EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
To grow our presence in the EMEA region, focusing on the Defence Industry, identifying customers/partners, driving sales, developing customer relationships, building the company’s brand awareness and landing strategic accounts across the territory.
- Business development efforts for identifying Defence Opportunities across the territory
- Research and identify key large-scale programs for our our products/solutions portfolio for defence applications across the region
- Identify strategic partnerships that will better position the company and accelerate our opportunity for winning defence programs
- Establish key relationships and rolodex across the defence industry with US Military branches and global defence primes, including laying out organizations with influencers and decision makers identified
- Identify and layout key program deliverables, features/requirements and certifications that are needed to ensure success in the defence market in the EMEA region
- Drive the top-line revenue and orders by expanding growth with existing customers, acquiring new customers and driving upsells by fostering the adoption and use of our products, solutions and services
- Own the end to end sales process, from lead to prospect to close, bringing Advanced Navigation solutions to new and existing customers
- Working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and others to execute the company’s Go-To-Market strategies
- Paint the Advanced Navigation vision and opportunity for prospects through a combination of ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Understand the technical requirements of each customer and work closely with Support and the Products Group to guide the direction of our product offerings and solutions
- Work openly with other Advanced Navigation teams (e.g. Marketing, Sales Operations, Products Group, Support and Operations) to improve our go-to-market plans, execution and acceleration of our growth
- Ensure operational excellence by keeping our CRM (Salesforce) always updated, guaranteeing business linearity and forecasting accuracy
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a related technical field is required
- 5-10 years experience in the EMEA Defence industry
- 5+ years experience of business development, sales and account management, experience with high-tech solutions in at least one of the following defence verticals; aerospace, land systems, autonomous vehicles/robotics and maritime/subsea
- Experience in selling and servicing high-tech solutions
- Executive presence with the ability to represent and present in front of an audience
- Be a strong team player that is passionate about being a part of a fast-moving and entrepreneurial company
- Flexibility to work within multiple time zones as well as connecting and being accessible with the Global Head Office, based in Australia.
- Working in a Global collaborative cross-functional environment
- Relevant technical knowledge, such as inertial sensors, acoustics, GNSS, optical sensors, and robotics with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied and comparable navigation products/solutions in the market
- Strong skills with the CRM solutions Salesforce
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to be both technical and analytical
- The ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment, international cultures, and distributed teams
- Languages: English, with the knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Have an understanding that you will be travelling roughly 50% of the time
- The ability to achieve and maintain UK Security Clearance is a mandatory pre-requisite for this role.
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.