Senior Systems Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
In this role you will provide specialist systems engineering support and be a key contributor to several projects within the Advanced Navigation. You will work closely with key stakeholders across a variety of teams to undertake systems engineering activities and build Systems Engineering capability within Advanced Navigation to design and build world leading INS systems. You will also work closely with Engineering teams, Product and Project Management to drive System Engineering processes and the generation of supporting documentation. By joining us you will contribute to the improvement and tailoring of Advanced Navigation’s System Engineering processes to ensure increased efficiency and success of Advanced Navigation’s applications.
- Develop Systems Engineering artifacts and inputs needed to support R&D INS groups activities including (use cases/ConOPs, system architecture, system and sub-system specifications, interface control documentation).
- Drive the development and tailoring of Advanced Navigations Systems Engineering processes to deliver project outcomes which meet the customer’s needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce operational requirements, V&V plans and integration documents and maintain traceability between the artifacts.
- Coordinate and generate System Engineering documentation as required to support the execution of the R&D Stage Gate process.
- Ensures systems engineering related risks and dependencies are identified and mitigated working with project management
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the application of Systems Engineering to R&D and product development
- Ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders on complex topics.
- Experience with requirements management tools (eg Jama, Doors or similar)
- Explaining complex technical issues in simple language and addressing key criteria to both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in implementation and tailoring of systems engineering processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing and documentation drafting.
- Clear communication style, both verbal and written forms.
- Excellent time management skills under tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to maintain sight of the “big-picture” while diving into complex issues.
- Be highly motivated with an energetic, responsive and decisive disposition;
- Proven high standard of attention to detail, time management and “follow-through”.
- High levels of tenacity & resilience, with a results oriented mentality;
- Ability to think creatively & present new proposals to add value;
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation, with coffee and breakfast provided, to keep you going throughout the day.