Senior Electronics Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Advanced Navigation is the world’s most determined innovator in AI robotics and navigation technologies across land, air, sea and space applications.
Founded on a culture of research and discovery, Advanced Navigation's mission is to be the catalyst of the autonomy revolution. Fields of expertise include artificial intelligence, underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, NASA, Apple, and General Motors.
Discover it for yourself: https://youtu.be/F7uAqs1gtuk
Overview of Position
Advanced Navigation’s Photonics R&D team develops next-generation navigation sensors with lasers and photonics at their core. Electronics play a crucial role in our sensors as they provide the interface between photonics and software, and must be designed for low noise operation at high bandwidths and data rates. This role contributes throughout the entire design phase from the conception of new ideas and prototyping, all the way through product development to production. You will be joining a high-performing team of skilled electronics, photonics, and mechanical engineers who love what they do, to develop technology that very few people have the opportunity to work on.
- Develop electronics for precision sensors that combine lasers, photonics, and software
- Design analog signal processing circuits (e.g., filters, amplifiers, etc.) and digital circuits including high-speed interfaces (e.g., JESD204, USB3.0, Ethernet)
- Develop mixed high frequency (>200 MHz) signal processing chains (i.e., A-D and D-A)
- Develop power supplies with low noise characteristics for signal processing systems
- Create PCB schematic designs and layouts using Altium Designer
- Simulate and optimise circuits using commercially available software (e.g., LTSpice)
- Collaborate closely with the Photonics Software Team to ensure hardware designs satisfy software requirements
- Work closely with the Photonics Mechanical Engineering Team to manage the interfaces between mechanical and electronic subsystems
- Maintain test and measurement equipment (e.g., Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.)
Skills & Experience
- Experience designing and developing complex electronic circuits with experience in analog and high speed digital circuits
- Proficient in using industry standard tools such as SPICE, Altium Designer, Matlab
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering and/or mechatronics (or demonstrated equivalent qualification and experience)
- A track record of turning high level discussions into detailed, personal work plans and reporting progress to management
- Familiarity with FPGA-based designs and system-on-chip processing architectures
- Basic familiarity to systems engineering principles and practices
- A demonstrated ability to take the initiative and accept responsibility for outcomes
- Be intrinsically motivated with an energetic, responsive and decisive attitude (love what you do!)
- Strong appreciation of WHS practices
- Proven high standard of attention to detail, time management and follow-through
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.