Perth WA, Australia
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
The Test Engineer is responsible for planning, conducting and reporting on component, sub-system and system developmental and verification testing within the scope and schedule of the relevant project. This role ensures that Subsea products including Hydrus are developed and verified against their product requirements.
This role involves working closely with multi-disciplinary, highly technical teams working on a broad range of cutting-edge technology. This role is well-suited for a technically-minded, highly organised individual with a passion for technology and verification.
- Create test plans, procedures and reports
- Coordinate and execute developmental and verification testing across Subsea projects
- Manage test events conducted by external vendors (where appropriate)
- Manage inventory of R&D units
- Maintain inventory for test/demo (charging, repairs, capability and fault list)
- Gather test requirements from stakeholders. Test against features
- Manage and lead field testing of R&D prototypes
- Identify scope and schedule risks and address/raise them with the Project manager
- Plan and execute testing to support root cause analysis of prototype & field failures
- Work with software and production teams to determine the root causes and suggest improvements
- Write test reports including any post-processing and analysis of data. Communicate test results to stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience planning for, executing and reporting on System Verification testing
- Experience delivering formal verification testing for customer facing devices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members
- Experience in defence or another highly regulated environment e.g. aerospace, defence, automotive, medical devices etc
- Bachelor degree, preferably in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM)
- Candidates without formal tertiary qualifications but with appropriate skills and experience are encouraged to apply
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
See more open positions at Advanced Navigation
Something looks off?