Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
Are you a master of marketing with a passion for technology and innovation? Do you dream of developing and executing cutting-edge marketing strategies that will change the game? If so, we want YOU to join our team as the Head of Marketing! Imagine that you're the captain of a ship, sailing across the vast ocean of the high-tech industry, and charting the course, navigating through rough waters, and ultimately getting you and your crew safely to your destination - success.
As the Head of Marketing at Advanced Navigation, you will be responsible for leading the charge on creating, executing, and delivering the company's overall marketing strategies. You'll get the opportunity to develop and own the marketing plan, lead a Rockstar team, and oversee all content, messaging and storytelling for the company, playing a critical role in maintaining our brand presence.
We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of the technology space and a fiery passion for robotics and artificial intelligence, with applications across land, air, sea, and space. You'll work collaboratively with our product and sales teams to define go-to-market strategies and drive programs that deliver nothing short of exceptional results.
On top of this you'll also build a culture of innovation and creativity within the marketing organization, driving new ideas and pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You'll guide your company towards success in the ever-changing landscape of the high-tech industry.
- Manage and coach a team of marketing professionals to successfully deliver the marketing strategy plan
- Prepare annual marketing strategy plan and its full execution
- Implement marketing initiatives and campaigns to increase brand awareness across all external online and offline channels
- Build strong strategic relationships within industries (aerospace, maritime, defence, subsea, autonomous farming… among others)
- Empower the growth of Advanced Navigation’s brand awareness throughout our global initiatives
- Lead and collaborate cross-functionally on the go-to-market strategies when launching new products and solutions
- Partner closely and collaborate with the Sales, Product, PR and Engineering teams to define our product offerings, messaging and positioning
- Work with our customers to produce compelling customer case studies, testimonials and videos
- Create and maintain engaging marketing content across all digital platforms, including but not limited to the company’s website, social media, paid media and affiliate marketing
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Solid track record in leading a Marketing team with a focus on the high-tech industry
- Passion for learning and leading with innovative technology and solutions
- Experience with driving brand awareness and product growth initiatives across the entire digital marketing mix
- Experience using data, KPIs and dashboards to inform and measure all decisions and initiatives (such as Salesforce and HubSpot)
- Experience in multi-channel acquisition strategies, including content, search, social, paid and affiliate marketing
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple company-wide goals and working with multiple teams at once
- Experience developing creative content assets to support all marketing initiatives
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills that motivate and persuade both internal and external teams
- Proven high standard of attention to detail, time management and “follow-through”.
- Excellent communication, written and relationship-building skills
- Ability to navigate through complex, ambiguous and dynamic environments
- Self starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation, with coffee and breakfast provided, to keep you going throughout the day.