San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
Our customer support team is focused on providing expert technical advice, problem analysis, and application support to new and existing customers. You'll be responsible for providing expert technical advice, problem analysis, and application support to new and existing customers.
This role will be involved in providing consulting engineering services to sales/customers, troubleshooting complex software/hardware issues, as well as writing a variety of technical knowledge-based articles, reports and training documentation.
There will also be application testing involved and a requirement to travel nationally/globally for specialised support/sales opportunities and to conduct training, both customer and on-boarding/continued education internal training.
- Research, resolve, and respond to a variety of customer technical issues, while also liaising with our engineering team to resolve software and hardware bugs discovered during support investigations;
- Support the sales team by meeting with our most important customers in person, and preparing them for customer engagements;
- Collaborating with the Sales Team on the qualification, development and execution with the company’s technical solutions that meet and exceed the customer’s application and opportunities;
- Manage and maintain the dedicated regional loan pool in collaboration with Sales Operations;
- Organise and support customer loans both from a technical and administrative perspective;
- Analyse and problem solve high-level complex issues and provide in-depth technical assistance to account executives, engineers, and product managers;
- Create and maintain internal and external support documentation including policies, standard operating procedures, guidelines, knowledge articles and customer facing tools (GUI’s and SDK’s etc...);
- Develop and nurture successful long-term relationships with our customers by creating a best-in-class customer experience;
- Pass on potential RMA’s to the support team members based at Head Office for review and analysis;
- Without access to the equipment and resources of Head Office you will be responsible and accountable for organising support team members in the Sydney office to arrange and perform tests and research required to solve customer problems;
- Support the creation of customer facing material by other customer engagement teams including Marketing and Product through technical review and if necessary data collection through testing;
Qualifications Skill and Experience
- Have studied at a higher education institution focused on engineering
- 3+ years of experience as a Solution/Application/Support Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role, preferably with experience supporting surveying, maritime, or robotic market segments
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- A dedication to delivering a great customer experience while being a creative problem-solver in response to technical, product, and business questionsExperience working in support environments using integrated CRM systems as well as tools such as Matlab for data analysis.
- Enjoyment in being in a fast-paced environment, to help customers accelerate their journey to creating an accurate position, velocity, acceleration and orientation under the most demanding conditions
- Effective presentation crafting and delivery skills
- A collaborative and team-oriented mindset for accomplishing goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, driven to work quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective presentation crafting and delivery skills
- Coding experience is desirable but not essential
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide.
Advanced Navigation offers various medical plans per state, providing a comprehensive level of medical coverage.
We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.