Senior Mechanical Engineer, located in Perth, Western Australia
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Advanced Navigation is the world’s most determined innovator in AI robotics and navigation technologies across land, air, sea and space applications.
Founded on a culture of research and discovery, Advanced Navigation's mission is to be the catalyst of the autonomy revolution. Fields of expertise include artificial intelligence, underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, NASA, Apple, and General Motors.
Discover it for yourself: https://youtu.be/F7uAqs1gtuk
Overview of Position
Would you be interested in relocating to Perth, located in Western Australia to be a part of our success story? By joining our highly collaborative and friendly team you'll design & develop smartly integrated subsea robotic products that lead their respective markets.
- Design, draft, manufacture & test prototype parts and assemblies
- Provide creative input into product industrial design (usability, aesthetics & functionality, design for manufacture and assembly)
- Perform detailed mechanical design calculations, including modelling, simulation & verification testing
- Prepare documents required for design data packs, such as: specifications, compliance matrices, design calculations, analysis reports, drawings, test plans, test reports and BOMs
- Perform root cause analysis of engineering issues using structured problem solving methods and techniques. Be a coach or mentor to other engineers in this area.
- Propose, plan and implement process improvements to increase quality, reduce cost, improve safety and improve efficiency, working directly with manufacturing engineers
- Working with the manufacturing and support teams to deliver and maintain hardware equipment and systems
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in mechanical engineering and/or mechatronics
- Significant experience applying advanced principles, theories, and concepts to the design & development of sophisticated mechanical assemblies
- Significant experience of working in a team that delivered product(s) to the market
- Experience designing products with a variety of materials and processes
- Practical, hands-on mentality. Comfortable building and assembling prototypes
- Highly developed organisational skills, attention to detail and technical reasoning.
- Ability to solve complex or difficult problems that requires new thinking and/or definition of new processes
- Structured problem solving skills
- Be highly motivated with an energetic, responsive and decisive disposition
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex 3D model assemblies in Solidworks (primary working tool)
- Experience in product design and development using urethanes, silicones, polycarbonates and experience of getting those designs realized in high volume production is highly desirable
- Knowledge of plastic injection moulding is desirable
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.