Sales Executive - Navigation Systems, Central Europe
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Advanced Navigation is the world’s most determined innovator in AI robotics and navigation technologies across land, air, sea and space applications.
Founded on a culture of research and discovery, Advanced Navigation's mission is to be the catalyst of the autonomy revolution. Fields of expertise include artificial intelligence, underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, NASA, Apple, and General Motors.
Discover it for yourself: https://youtu.be/F7uAqs1gtuk
Overview of Position
In this newly created technical sales role you'll work within the EMEA team and be responsible for the Central European region. Having ownership of driving the company numbers, orders, and revenue for the region. This will include owning and fostering existing and new customer relationships during the complete lifetime of the customer experience.
You'll be the face and the evangelist of our company when interacting with customers, while driving all customer initiatives to ensure success and ambitious market share growth within the region.
- Drive the top-line revenue and orders by expanding growth with existing customers, acquiring new customers and driving upsells by fostering the adoption and use of our products, solutions and services
- Own the end to end sales process, from lead to prospect to close, bringing Advanced Navigation solutions to new and existing customers
- Paint the Advanced Navigation vision and opportunity for prospects through a combination of ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Understand the technical requirements of each customer and work closely with Support and the Products Group to guide the direction of our product offerings and solutions
- Work openly with other Advanced Navigation teams (e.g. Marketing, Sales Operations, Products Group, Support and Operations) to improve our go-to-market plans, execution and acceleration of our growth
- Ensure operational excellence by keeping our CRM (Salesforce) always updated, guaranteeing business linearity and forecasting accuracy
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A tertiary qualification in a related technical field is required
- 5+ years experience in sales and account management, experience with high-tech solutions in at least one of the following verticals; aerospace & defence, surveying, autonomous vehicles/robotics, or maritime/subsea
- Executive presence with the ability to represent and present in front of an audience
- Be a strong team player that is passionate about being a part of a fast-moving and entrepreneurial company
- Flexibility to work within multiple time zones within the EMEA region and connecting with Global Head Office based in Australia.
- Working in a Global collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Have an understanding that you will be travelling roughly 50% of the time
- Relevant technical knowledge, such as inertial sensors, acoustics, GNSS, optical sensors, and robotics, with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied and comparable navigation products/solutions in the market
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to be both technical and analytical
- Languages: English and German, while the knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.