Senior Embedded Software Engineer, located in Perth, Western Australia
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Advanced Navigation is the world’s most determined innovator in AI robotics and navigation technologies across land, air, sea and space applications.
Founded on a culture of research and discovery, Advanced Navigation's mission is to be the catalyst of the autonomy revolution. Fields of expertise include artificial intelligence, underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, NASA, Apple, and General Motors.
Discover it for yourself: https://youtu.be/F7uAqs1gtuk
Overview of Position
Looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your software engineering skills and lead a team of talented professionals? Look no further! We're seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative team in Perth, Western Australia. In this role, you'll work closely with our technical leadership team to design, develop, and implement high-performance software for our portfolio of products.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll play a crucial role in developing software for our subsea robotic products that lead their respective markets. You'll be responsible for ensuring the quality, performance, and reliability of our products, while keeping an eye on emerging technologies and industry trends to drive innovation. At our company, we value inclusivity and diversity, and we strive to create an environment where all team members can thrive. If you're a seasoned software engineer with a passion for innovation and leadership, we want to hear from you! Join us and become a part of an exciting team that's changing the game in subsea robotics.
- Develop control software for our Subsea Micro AUV Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater drone, adding features and extending the capabilities of the vehicle
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure project requirements are being met, timelines are realistic and being adhered to and also the engineering designs meet requirements
- Mentor technically more junior team members to grow their skills and achieve project goals
- Working closely with a passionate team of engineers, developing embedded C/C++ real-time applications on ARM Cortex based microcontrollers and ARM-FPGA SOC
- Become an expert in developing innovative surface and subsea robotics and navigation solutions
- Collaborate closely with our hardware team to ensure hardware designs meet software requirements
- Develop capabilities on our AUV platforms, especially in the areas of autopilot, communication and computer vision
- Take ownership and responsibility for a component of a project and manage deadlines and reporting for the component.
- Deliver quality software solutions to agreed schedules and deadlines
- Be involved in the design process for future products
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified Engineer with specialisation in computer systems, software, mechatronics or similar
- 10+ years of experience in designing and developing complex embedded software
- Specific experience in developing real time embedded systems for commercial applications
- Experience with control loops and robotics desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
- proficiency with C/C++ and Embedded RTOS
- Be comfortable deep diving into technical topics and learning new skills to solve emerging problems
- Possess strategic thinking and strong abilities to distil large amounts of information quickly and accurately
- Strong ability to communicate difficult decisions effectively with stakeholders
- A strong background in physics and mathematics is desirable
- Deep understanding of RTOS on embedded microcontroller systems
- Understanding of digital signal processing (DSP) techniques
- Experience with STM32 microcontrollers and Xilinx SOC/FPGA products is desirable
- MATLAB proficiency
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.