Sales Executive - Commercial Maritime (ANZ/APAC)
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies and helps automate some of the worlds biggest industries. Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
This role exists to win quality, deliverable contracts for Advanced Navigation offerings within the Maritime industry across the ANZ/APAC Region. Success will require strong, professional direct selling activities, the identification of key partners, developing mutually- trusted client relationships, and building the company’s brand awareness across the territory.
A day in the life
The person occupying this role will spend the bulk of their time developing and progressing a pipeline of opportunities within the maritime industry across a wide range of verticals in the ANZ/APAC region. This will include responding to leads, prospecting for interest, profiling and targeting organisations, attending trade events and responding to RFX documents.
Outside of this they will be constantly refining their knowledge of our products and their application, and nuances in the various marine industry verticals across the region.
- Identify Commercial Maritime Opportunities across the territory in all relevant markets including but not limited to: Oil and Gas, renewable energy, aquaculture, marine survey, environmental monitoring, asset tracking, commercial shipping, etc.
- Research and identify key large-scale programs and strategic partnerships for our products/solutions portfolio for applications across the region
- Establish key relationships across the industry, including laying out organisations with influencers and decision makers identified in both OEM and enterprise customer roles.
- Drive the top-line revenue and orders by expanding growth with existing customers, acquiring new customers and driving upsells by fostering the adoption and use of our products, solutions and services
- Own the end to end sales process, from lead to prospect to close, bringing Advanced Navigation solutions to new and existing customers
- Paint the Advanced Navigation vision and opportunity for prospects through a combination of ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Understand the technical requirements of each customer and work closely with Support and the Products Group to guide the direction of our product offerings and solutions
- 5+ years experience of business development, sales and account management, experience with high-tech solutions in at least one of the following marine verticals; Oil and Gas, renewable energy, aquaculture, marine survey, environmental monitoring, asset tracking, commercial shipping, etc
- Extensive experience selling within the ANZ/APAC region
- Experienced in remote and in-person selling
- Extensive knowledge of the marine and related industries - key players, processes and drivers within ANZ/APAC
- Geographical and cultural knowledge - a good understanding of the region and its needs from a trading perspective.
- Relevant technical knowledge, such as inertial sensors, acoustics, GNSS, optical sensors, and robotics with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied and comparable navigation products/solutions in the market.
- Languages: English, with the knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Strong Interpersonal skills - the ability to engage with customers at all levels.
- Strong sales skills, with the understanding of how to qualify a prospective customer and how to progress them through the sales cycle in a structured and methodical way.
- Business development skills - the ability to develop a pipeline of opportunities from scratch.
- Refined negotiation and closing skills, opportunity analysis and development.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to be both technical and analytical.
- Strong presentation skills & experience of working with salesforce CRM
- The ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment, international cultures, and distributed teams.
- Self-Organization and planning skills - the ability to set objectives, build a sales plan and execute effectively
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
Our Sydney office is in the heart of the CBD, close to all public transport, great restaurants and cafe’s. We offer financial support to our employees for further education as well as conferences, meetups and training courses. We also run an employee assistance program and regular team building and social activities. We have weekly Yoga, Meditation and Pilates classes, as well as the occasional dance class! There’s also free coffee and snacks, and fortnightly team lunches. Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work with some extremely passionate and talented people.