Global Bid Manager
Administration, Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies and helps automate some of the worlds biggest industries. Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
The role of Bid Manager exists to maximise the effectiveness of the Field Sales Teams by providing a professional Global resource for the production of high-quality sales proposals and bid responses, including complex RFx submissions.
- Own the identification of viable bid opportunities and leadership of the internal and external process through the various stages from assessment, through to submission, presentation, negotiation and evaluation.
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of each bid, assessing its feasibility, ensuring all products / services are included in the final price and aligning resources to the customer’s requirements prior to the Bid and Pursuit Phase getting underway.
- Coordination of key stakeholders from across the business relevant to each bid, that have the skills and required inputs to develop a clear winning strategy and ensure themes are clear and compelling.
- Contribute to business planning, analysing the success of tenders and improving procedures and internal processes.
- Serve as the trusted advisor to the sales team and internal stakeholders on proposal structure and processes, quoting, pricing, advice on alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closure.
- The creation and upkeep of standard response documents including security, export control and legal.
- Collecting and collating the response content from internal SME’s to be handed over to the sales team for completion.
- Managing requests for deviation from standard contract terms.
- Maintenance of the key records library within Salesforce.
- Ensure the bid response is compliant with corporate guidelines, management policies and legal requirements.
- Coordinate various approvals (eg Finance, Legal, Products, etc)Coordinate response to vendor assessments and questionnaires.
Skill & Knowledge
- Highly developed communication skills in particular the production of written and visual documentations
- Knowledge of basic project & process management best practices
- Analysis and interpretation skills
- Interpersonal and team working skills / coordinating disparate resource
- Strong Excel and G-suite experience
- Strong proofreading and reviewing skills
- Commercial and contract knowledge
- Selling process within a technology company
- Professional proposal structure and content
- Knowledge of best-practice in proposal and RFx response creation.
- Knowledge of expected standards for government and large corporate tender response.
- Appropriate legal and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 - 5+ years work experience in deal desk or similar role in connection with compiling complex and lengthy RFXs in tech sector
- Professional writing standards (government response to tender experience highly regarded)
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
Our Sydney office is in the heart of the CBD, close to all public transport, great restaurants and cafe’s. We offer financial support to our employees for further education as well as conferences, meetups and training courses. We also run an employee assistance program and regular team building and social activities. We have weekly Yoga, Meditation and Pilates classes, as well as the occasional dance class! There’s also free coffee and snacks, and fortnightly team lunches. Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work with some extremely passionate and talented people.