Senior Data Analyst
Adventus.io is a B2B2C SaaS-based marketplace supporting institutions, recruiters and students within the international student placement sector. Our innovative platform allows institutions, recruiters and students to directly connect with one another, resulting in matching the right international study experience with students across the world.
Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. Behind the technology, we have over 400 amazingly talented humans making it all happen. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our vision and create a positive legacy.
The Finance team is the backbone of our business and has grown from being internal accounting and finance to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
As Data Analyst you will help deliver analytics projects to internal and external stakeholders. This role will consult with business stakeholders, help frame questions and present results in an easily interpretable format.
Deliver analytics projects to internal and external stakeholders which provide intelligence to make strategic and operational decisions.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in an analytics, data engineering or similar role. Previous work in the technology/SaaS space will be highly regarded.
- Excellent SQL, specifically in large scale column-oriented databases or compute-on-demand infrastructure (BigQuery, Athena).
- Experience manipulating data in a programming language like Python (preferred) or R.
- Problem solving skills - able to perform root cause analysis and validate hypotheses.
- Experience visualizing data through enterprise tools (Tableau and Data Studio preferred) or via open source libraries.
- A bachelors degree or higher in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Stakeholder management skills, with an ability to scope problems, recommend solutions and act as a trusted advisor to business units.
- Working with business stakeholders to understand and scope requirements: phrasing problems in terms of data.
- Building out dashboards and reports which intuitively demonstrate results for business users and external clients.
- Wrangle data with SQL and Python to create views specific to project needs.
- Automation of report and data delivery.
- Work with the broader tech team to brief data collection and engineering requirements.
- Contribute to data warehouse architecture and planning.
- Document data, processes and findings to build the team’s knowledge base.
- Review and quality assure peer work.
At Adventus.io, our partners come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us even greater. We want you to be you so welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender.