Staff Software Engineer, Developer Experience
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2020
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Airwallex has a mission: to provide a world class developer experience to our customers. Our platform provides a comprehensive set of APIs and tooling that allows our customers to automate everything in an industry where manual processes have been the norm. The new Developer Experience (DevX) Team at Airwallex empowers developers to evaluate, integrate, and operate our platform in a completely self service model.
The DevX Senior Back End Engineer is a high-impact role that will collaborate with product, engineering, customer-success, and technical support teams to implement an elegant API layer helping to refine & streamline the financial interfaces of Airwallex which include card issuing, payments and foreign exchange.
You will be part of a growing team building exciting greenfield projects to revamp our approach to building APIs, improve our API and product documentation, and build self-serve capabilities for our customers.
Who you are:
- You are a leader– Who enjoys formally coaching other team members
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player– fostering effective collaboration in multi-disciplinary squads across regions
- You are a thought leader - Attracting other senior hires to the company through your knowledge sharing
- You are a passionate problem solver – weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, with a focus on API development
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design principles and patterns
- Experience with backend technologies is essential. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Experience developing and maintaining automated tests and quality control processes
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems
- Strong cloud experience GCP (preferred) or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes
- Experience integrating with observability tooling such as Splunk, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana
- Basic experience with frontend technologies such as React and Angular is preferred but not required
- Some experience working within a financial domain is a highly desirable
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.