Technical Support Engineer - EMEA (London or Amsterdam)
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Here at Airwallex, we are growing fast. As a result of a significant increase in client activity, we are building a support function to ensure our clients experience a wonderful end to end onboarding. As a technical support engineer you will support clients as their solution is stood up and integrated through to on going support across when they use the platform.
Day to day you will be required to trouble shoot and problem solve complex technical issues quickly. As a payments provider our business relies on the strength of its service remaining fully operational, 25/7 - 365 days of the years. Having an understanding and ability to write technical scripts and review code will be critical to your role day to day.
Key collaboration between tech support teams in APAC and The US, solution engineering and sales colleagues will also form a critical part of being successful in this role. These teams all communicate constantly to drive great customer outcomes, efficiently.
Please note this role can be based in either Amsterdam or London
Who you are
- You can think on your feet and enjoy it - 2+ years experience working in a customer facing or consulting role.
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality results that meet customer needs
- You are team player– you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people, you enjoy creating and sharing knowledge among the team.
- You are naturally curious– always asking why to better understand our customer needs.
- You are a passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
- You still like to keep your technical hands dirty either in your current role or with side projects.
- Two years of technical support or software development
- Ability to triage, diagnose and drive to resolution customer support requests
- Assisting software engineers in replicating issues customer see in production
- A focus on continuous growth
- A self-starter - able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Experienced in one of the programming languages: Python, Java, php, C# or Java Script
- Familiar with REST, JSON, HTTP, HTTPS, SQL
- Experienced in e-commerce, payment, fin-tech industry is a plus
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.