Enterprise Sales Development Representative - EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Airwallex, you will drive Airwallex’s future growth engine by working with the Enterprise Account Executive team to qualify leads that will build Airwallex’s sales pipeline. You get excited about engaging with prospects to better qualify needs, thinking creatively and independently about outreach strategies and working with colleagues in marketing to devise bespoke, product led marketing initiatives. You are adept at identifying high value opportunities and capable of managing early sales funnel activities.
You are used to delivering value in complex situations and are energised by learning about new and existing products.
Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of the demand generation and sales process, the articulation of Airwallex’s value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets. With the commission structure for this role, there is a significant upside for won opportunities. If you’re hungry, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing...
- Follow up with Marketing generated leads to qualify as sales opportunities.
- Move solid leads through the funnel connecting them to a salesperson, and arranging meetings
- Initiate contact with potential customers through calling or responding to inquiries generated from Marketing
- Execute ‘plays’ or designed touchpoints in a customer journey through cold calls, emails, chat and social media.
- Develop relationships with prospects to uncover needs through effective questioning to qualify interest and viability to prepare hand-off to sales.
- Present product information to customers once you have identified their needs
- Follow-up with potential customers who expressed interest but did not initially result in a sales opportunity
- Perform regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitate communication with existing customers to deepen relationships and identify new potential needs
- Effectively work through lead list meeting/exceeding SLAs, consistently update activity and contact information within the CRM system and support weekly reporting efforts
- Inform and recommend outreach strategies and best practices through testing various types of touchpoints
- Collaborate and provide feedback and insights to Marketing to help improve targeting and messaging
What You'll Need...
- Track record of top performance or prior success in an SDR-related role
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in technology
- Self starter who is able to operate in a hyper growth environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?