Software Engineer, Payments Platform
Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2020
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for working on a range of exciting initiatives across our international payments platform.
We strongly value your experience in building, designing and engineering payment systems (gateway, acquiring, issuing or equivalent). If you don’t have them already, you will learn all the intricacies of the Visa and Mastercard payment platforms. You will work closely with the payments product team and will be given the opportunity to interact with the partners engineering teams when required. As part of our core acquiring payment team you are building the next generation Payment Acceptance infrastructure, and Merchant needs are always top of mind.
Within our payments team you will be delivering business outcomes not just product features, developing a number of REST services and integration components that provide capabilities to our React frontend via a backend microservices architecture. The role will span a range of activities including designing and building new capabilities to support our product roadmap, architectural review of new and current solutions, reduction of tech debt and enhancements to improve operational effectiveness such as MTTD and MTTR.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Ability to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- A commitment to producing high quality and tested solutions
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Designing and building REST APIs
- High volume distributed systems
- Kafka event streams
- Distributed data storage systems (Cassandra, Hazelcast, Oracle Coherence or similar)
- GCP or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc), docker and Kubernetes exposure
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
- Experience in building a payment gateway, acquiring platform or issuing platform
- Experience integrating Local Payment Methods (i.e. iDeal, Klarna, Trustly or equivalent) or Cards (i.e. Visa, Mastercard, etc.) is a strong bonus
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.