Senior Manager, Issuing Risk Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
- Support the global launch of our issuing product, including both virtual card and physical card globally
- Actively engage in the actual delivery of the project for issuing risk system optimization, and provide advice for rule setting, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Identify solutions and recommendations that are linked to issuing risk control.
- Build-up and fine-tune issuing risk related procedures to facilitate the global implementation
- Collaborate with global teams to manage the exceptional or escalation cases related to issuing risk to ensure the proper risk control in place
- Identify opportunities to streamline issuing risk assessment processes to increase operational efficiency and operational risk effectiveness
- Identify and engage appropriate stakeholders to facilitate targeted deep dives, thematic reviews and any additional directives from senior leadership
- Ensure team’s BAU work is well structured and managed including vetting, fraud risk monitoring and E2E account lifecycle management
- Design key data metrics to monitor team performance, portfolio performance, etc. to continuously explore improvement opportunities based on a data driven approach
- Always challenge the status quo and continuously strive for operational excellence
- Bachelor Degree with at least 6+ years experience in issuing risk domain knowledge. Prior experience in fintech industry is highly preferred
- In depth of the understanding of issuing statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Practical understanding of risks and controls assessments with proven track recorded of applying technical skills and competencies in challenging and complex situations
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to synthesize complex information into quality reporting and presentations
- Ability to autonomously drive, prioritize multiple initiatives, and present to senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to positively influence stakeholders at all levels
- Analyze trends in data in order to assist senior leadership with decision-making and process improvement initiatives; proficient in metrics and reporting
- Be adaptive to the fast growing and changing working environment and able to work under pressure managing to tight deadlines and / or unexpected changes
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and willing to challenge status quo and always strive
Life At Airwallex
💸We are committed to paying globally competitive salaries, bonuses & we share our business success through every employee receiving equity in the company
💻 Hybrid work in the heart of San Francisco - 3 days a week required in the office
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalized private support, coaching, and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your Birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Parental leave and baby bonding leave
🏳️🌈Employee resource groups for underrepresented employees and their allies
🔅Internal Airwallex community groups and local social clubs
💸Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
And much much more!
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?