Senior Software Engineer, FX & Core Banking
Posted on Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We are building the next generation of the Airwallex core banking platform. Our new Senior Backend Engineer will have a unique opportunity to lead the design and implementation of a new lending platform to power our lending capabilities - further unlocking a global revenue generation opportunity. The role spans the full SDLC from requirements capture, systems design, implementation, testing and operational support.
Attracting world class engineering talent is crucial to our long term success. We are also keen to contribute to the broader external engineering community in the form of blogs, talks and open source tools. Read about what we are up to here: https://medium.com/airwallex-engineering.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration/delivery and quality engineering
- Desire to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- A commitment to producing high quality and well tested solutions
- Strong computer science fundamentalsJVM based programming. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using, we are using Kotlin
- Systems design experience
- Experience working with high throughput / low latency / HA distributed systems
- Experience in API design best practices
- Familiar with HTTP, TCP / IP protocol and REST specifications
- Mastery of Gradle / Maven or other build tools
- Familiar with the use of Docker cluster / Kubernetes
- Fluent English communication skills
As a bonus:
- Experience in Kotlin / Scala;
- Asynchronous ‘reactive’ programming (RxJava, Akka, Spring Reactor, Vert.x);
- Kafka event streams;
- GCP, Alicloud or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc) and Kubernetes exposure;
- Operational tooling such as Splunk, New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?