Senior Talent Development Partner
People & HR
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a Senior Talent Development Partner to lead the build out of our talent development pillar for Airwallex globally. In this role you will partner with our global teams and leaders to create programs that scale as we continue to grow. This is an exciting opportunity to build up a talent development capability from the ground up leveraging best practices and tailored approaches that fit the needs of Airwallex. You will be responsible for both strategy and delivery ranging from identifying development needs, creating early manager training, partnering with regional teams and business leaders on functional-specific programs, to selecting an LMS alongside our People Systems team.
The outcome of your programs will help Airwallex scale globally, develop future talent, and result in an engaged and thriving workforce as we continue our mission of empowering business globally. To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
What you will do:
- You will own the build out the Airwallex talent development capabilities that includes building, scaling, and iterating.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of learning and development programs for the company as well as establishing organization development practices/models and strategies alongside functional leaders.
- Partner with our technology, product, commercial and regional organizations to identify and build programs that support talent development and learning
- Work with leaders in the business to collaboratively design and deliver talent development programs throughout employee lifecycles（e.g. onboarding programs, early manager training, early career training, and leadership programs for leaders at all levels)
- To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee life-cycle to craft thoughtful integrated solutions for upstream and downstream talent programs
- Working with our HR Technology team to deploy the company’s first LMS platform to deliver content across the company
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university; advanced degrees welcome
- 3+ years of experience with a mix of rapidly scaling companies, multinational tech/internet companies and/or consulting experience, with experience focusing on talent development.
- 8+ years of experience designing and leading learning and talent development programs, preferably in high-growth environments
- Demonstrated experience successfully piloting new strategic initiatives, iterating on improvements and scaling delivery. Experience with cross cultural project management at all levels with a consultative approach and persuasive communication.
- Excellent analytical skills which involve working with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle many tasks simultaneously.
- Thrives in a fast-paced ambiguous environment while working autonomously.
- A team player with great interpersonal skills and enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment.
- Passionate and curious about potentially growing and developing teams globally
- Experience with LMS & HRIS systems to drive adoption, content development with assistance from People Systems team
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.