Payments Performance Consultant
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Your role is to provide expert knowledge and insights to Airwallex’s largest merchants. You will collaborate with a range of internal stakeholders - including Account Managers, Product Managers and Data Scientists - to uncover opportunities to improve auth rates, authentication and fraud.
You will educate Airwallex merchants and internal teams on major trends in our key customers’ payment performance and create actionable plans to improve performance and integrations. You may also support engagements that we have with external partners (e.g., card issuers).
You will join Airwallex during a period of rapid expansion - this is a great opportunity to shape the next phase of our growth!
What You'll Be Doing...
- You will gather insights - through data analysis and industry knowledge - that allow us to identify opportunities to improve our customers’ payment performance
- You will design and deliver a standard methodology to improve payment performance, updating this as we learn more about our customers and their payments
- You will lead discussions with customers on their existing payment performance, opportunities to improve and requirements to implement
- You will train internal stakeholders (e.g., Sales teams) on how to lead discussions with customers and prospects, providing them with tooling as required
- You will liaise with our Product teams to ensure that they understand customer feedback and incorporate your learnings into their roadmaps
- You will support engagements with external stakeholders (e.g., card issuers)
What You Bring...
- An outstanding professional and academic record of achievement
- Prior experience in payments, ideally in a similar role
- Intellectual curiosity: you want to understand our customers’ problems inside-out and to know how our product can help to solve them
- Adeptness at bringing structure to ambiguous, fast-moving problem spaces
- A love of working with data and get excited about demonstrating our impact - you should have significant analytical experience and preferably comfort with SQL
- Brilliant communication skills; you are equally at ease across verbal and written comms and comfortable presenting to clients/external stakeholders
- Comfort working cross-functionally with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?