Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Account Executive team is a core driver of growth within Airwallex. Based out of our Melbourne or Sydney offices, you will be focused on selling our Acquiring, Card, FX & Payment API product to eCommerce retailers, marketplaces, online travel agents and other industries that are ideal for our product. You will use your deep network and experience to hit the ground running and deliver quick results by focusing on the Mid-Market and Enterprise Level clients.
Furthermore, you are a technology-minded, payments enthusiast who is driven by learning the ins and outs of our platform so that you are equipped with the knowledge to solve complex problems and work with potential customers to understand their use case and how Airwallex could add value to their business.
- Acquire new Mid-Market and Enterprise customers across Australia through your existing network, experience & strategic prospecting
- Strategic ownership of the entire sale cycle, from customer acquisition to closing deals
- Run different outbound campaigns via mail or phone, together with your team and through your own initiative, using state-of-the-art software like Outreach.
- Own and drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close for both, new logos and customer expansions
- Work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Maximize the revenue per lead through value-based selling & lever direct sales as well as partnerships and strategic accounts.
- Ensure the best customer experience and on-boarding process for new customers
- Negotiate partnership agreements and commercial contracts in conjunction with legal, finance and strategy through to execution
- Build and manage a strong, reliable pipeline, as well as help define best practices that will be the foundation for the Australian sales team
What you will bring:
- You are a seller - You have experience selling sophisticated B2B API solutions
- You are collaborative – You thrive working closely with various teams and customers to deliver world-class solutions
- You can speak to anyone – You have exceptional communication skills and are comfortable conversing with all walks of life, even tech experts
- You are a team player – You’ll ensure seamless partnership between our internal team to support client success and longevity
- You simplify complexity – Your solution selling skills are second to none. You enjoy working with unique use cases and providing a tailored approach
- You are a problem solver – You look for creative solutions and understand new products and ask the right questions before figuring out a solution
- You take responsibility for your own actions - You look for solutions rather than problems.
- You are success-oriented - You hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes, including KPIs and revenue targets and have proven experience of quota carrying solution sales
When you join Airwallex, You Choose "Bigger Growth Opportunities."
In 2022 as a Global business, we achieved the following:
- Series E stage, total funding of USD $900 Million, $5.5B valuation
- Expanded into new markets
- Forged partnerships with Shopify, Hubspot, Plaid, Trip Actions/Navan, Agoda, and Qantas
- We launched our Scholarship Partnership with The University of Melbourne
- Asia FinTech Awards: Team of the Year, Fintech of the Year
- Xero Awards Australia: Financial Services App of the Year
- Top 100 Women in Fintech: #40 Lucy Liu, Co-Founder of Airwallex
- Over 37% of our Australian team were promoted last year
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 3 months each year
🦄 Accelerate your career - We've reached consistent unicorn status and our people are a huge part of this. Airwallex is the place where you can grow to your full potential, with more than a third of our Australian team promoted last year
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?