Senior Compliance Manager, MLRO
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Reporting functionally to the Compliance Director and deputising as MLRO when required, this role will seek to advance the Airwallex compliance agenda. You will play an influential role in our growth story. This role is based in Tokyo, Japan where you will be responsible for supporting the development, launch and management of both local and global key compliance programs whilst adding value to future compliance initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the compliance framework of Airwallex in Japan building on the Airwallex global compliance framework
- Consistently support and oversee KYC and due diligence processes together with the Compliance operations team
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners as well as regulators
- Analyse high-volume data to investigate, identify and report trends linked to AML typologies and compliance to leadership
- Investigate, identify and develop triggers, rules and algorithms for transaction monitoring
- Design and execute reports to measure success and performance of initiatives
- Drive internal controls design and monitoring to support Compliance Operational policy and procedures
- Assist with the development of compliance programs for the products of Airwallex
- Partner with Compliance operations, Legal, Engineering, Product, Strategy, and Business Development to achieve results for team and the global Compliance department
- Continually identify, redefine and execute solutions for KYC, screening and TM needs across systems, teams, policies and processes
- Designs and execute reports to measure success and performance of AML Compliance initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and Key Risk Indicators
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
- 7+ years of FCC related compliance experience
- Experience in FinTech, ecommerce, RegTech, compliance consulting, accounting or financial services
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree
- Familiarity with AML and CTF regulations globally and locally, such as “Payment Services Act”, Forex Act, Crime Act. (i.e. 資金決済法、外為法、国調法、犯収法)
- Certification in compliance related area (ICA or CAMS)
- Knowledge in core AML products, money laundering and terrorism typology, segmentation, scenarios, models, methodology, and AML tools
- Experience with Transaction Monitoring, Screening, Financial Investigations or similar discipline
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Outstanding time management, presentation, and relationship building skills
- Fluency in Verbal and written English and Japanese is a must
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.