Account Manager SME & Growth
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
About the role
As an Airwallex Account Manager, you will build relationships with our existing customers to ensure they are receiving the tools and support needed to achieve their goals. You will be the bridge between the customer and the Airwallex team and will have an in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs and goals and how Airwallex can support them. You will be working in an incredibly fast paced, scaling environment and providing resources across the EMEA business at a senior level, evaluating and scaling Account Management strategy and working closely with Sales, Marketing and Operations Leadership.
What you will do:
- Be an advocate for Airwallex and ensure our customer base are utilising their investment in Airwallex
- Be an advocate for your customer and their voice inside of Airwallex
- Educate our customers on how to leverage the full range of Airwallex products
- Build strong relationships with customers and with our internal teams
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers needs through surveys, reviews, referrals etc
- Mentor more junior members of the Account Management team and lead on strategic decision making
What you will bring
- Customer facing account mgmt experience in a tech/software business
- Ability to manage complex sales cycles
- Proven experience in a sales role focused on existing customers (4 years plus)
- Strong analytical skills / strategic experience - be comfortable using data to build your strategy
- Track record of managing complex accounts and crafting account plans
- Leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Demonstrated experience in delighting customers
- Natural intelligence, networking skills and problem solving
- Start-up & Fintech experience preferred
- High education preferred (bachelor’s degree or other)
- Experience with Salesforce highly regarded
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?