Senior Accountant - EMEA
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, March 2, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
A critical Finance role supporting Airwallex’ international expansion activities in 2023 and beyond as the business scales into new geographies and deploys a complex suite of products into new industry verticals. In this role, you will contribute towards the continuous development of financial process optimisation, and financial accuracy contributing to the EMEA growth strategy with robust financial insights and reporting.
- Handle daily, weekly and monthly finance operations including but not limited to month-end close, financial reporting and reconciliations
- Maintain robust financial record keeping and contribute to process improvement projects
- Support the Finance and broader Leadership Team by way of monthly financial reports, insights and analysis
- Provide guidance and support to the accounting team and oversee their day-to-day activities, ensuring accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Assist with tax compliance activities across EMEA as well as liaising with external tax advisors where required
- Design and implement SOX-ready processes, ensuring compliance with local and US GAAP accounting standards
- Engage in new initiatives, process improvements and projects to build a high-performing finance function
- Continuous problem-solving and innovation
- Assist with annual internal and ongoing external auditor requests
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with accounting regulations
- Support ad-hoc projects as required
What You Bring
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience, working in a Big Four environment is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Strong understanding of financial services or fintech business operations and regulatory environments
- Familiarity with international Reporting Standards (IFRS) preferred
- Proven experience managing complex, local or international projects focused on process improvement initiatives
- Experience designing and implementing SOX-ready processes is beneficial
- Outstanding track record of academic excellence
- Confident, creative and innovative thought leadership and communication skills to deliver impact in a hyper-growth environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with Oracle is beneficial
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?