Strategy Manager - Middle-East
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Posted on Friday, March 3, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
About the role:
This role offers a unique opportunity to become a member of the Airwallex founding team in Israel and the Middle East. We are seeking an experienced Strategy manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing our strategy in Israel and the Middle East. Reporting to the Head of Middle East, you will work closely with the commercial, marketing, and operations teams to drive cross-functional high-impact strategic projects. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and building from 0 to 1: you’re joining at a time of hypergrowth so you’ll need to be excited to build the plane as we fly it.
- Develop and implement the company's strategy in the Israel and the Middle East, in collaboration with the Head of Middle East
- Create and deploy strategic initiatives – identify key growth opportunities in Israel and across the Middle-East region and devise and execute initiatives that support our various commercial, marketing, and product teams and increase their effectiveness
- Your work will have a high impact on the course of the businessInfluence and collaborate – work effectively with various stakeholders in Sales, RevOps, Marketing and Operations to improve commercial processes and systems, including procedures, CRM systems, data analytics toolkits, etc. You will lead projects with cross-functional teams
- Facilitate commercial decision-making – with market insights to build a deep understanding of customer needs and product capabilities (e.g., market mapping, competitor assessments). You will influence how we grow the business across the region
- Monitor and assess competitive threats and market trends to inform strategy development
- 4+ years of experience, preferably in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or strategy-related equivalent
- Analytical thinker – You like working with data, and can use it to make actionable recommendations to grow the business
- Project management – You can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Strong track record of collaboration – You can effectively partner with sales, operations, marketing, and product
- Strong communication skills - you’re able to articulate complex concepts in a simple way
- Self-starter / entrepreneurial – you own your work, your function, your results and everything in between and and you spot opportunities to make things better and take ownership over them
- Startup, tech, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is preferred
- SQL and experience with BI tool (Tableau, Looker etc) preferred
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?