Director, Technical Support
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Director, Technical Support leads the global technical support function at Airwallex supporting both our Financial OS and Enterprise customers. Your goal is to ensure any customer issues are managed according to our agreed SLAs, whilst improving how we scale as a business.
Who you will be doing:
- Manage and develop global technical support teams to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Lead day-to-day operations for global support teams, troubleshoot customer inquiries and issues, and address escalations to senior leadership
- Own and manage the incident management process with the ability to get hands on when required
- Create and implement processes and solutions to improve, problem resolution, incident management and customer experience
- Monitor customer service metrics, evaluate customer experience and satisfaction, and provide meaningful reports and analysis on how and where we should improve
- Develop cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders within the company including engineer, customer operations, product and commercial teams
- Hire, train, and mentor team members to ensure we achieve our overall company goal.
Skills and Experience You Will Bring:
- You will have come from a technical background and can still get your hands dirty with tools such as Postman and Splunk
- 4+ years of technical support or software development and 3+ years of management
- Ability to triage, diagnose and drive to resolution customer support requests
- Assisting software engineers in replicating issues customer see in production
- A focus on continuous growth
- A self-starter - able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance.
- Familiar with REST, JSON, HTTP, HTTPS, SQL
- Experienced in e-commerce, payment, fintech industry is a plus
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?