Engineering Manager, Technology Platform
Software Engineering, IT, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Our new Engineering Manager in the Technology Platform team will have a unique opportunity to found and grow our Singaporean engineering teams and lead the design and implementation of a list of core platform systems. These platform systems sit in the middle of the Airwallex engineering stack and they are the fundamental building blocks for all other product engineering systems.
As Engineering Manager in the Technology Platform team, you will have the opportunity to…
- Lead the development of a global platform domain
- Lead foundational SG engineering team, set engineering goals and development targets
- Support the team with feedback and career development plans as they progress
- Work closely with Product Managers to analyze product requirements taking responsibility for the technical design and execution of the product strategy
- Manage long term engineering strategy and balance the needs of the platform (technical debt) with our product ambitions
- Facilitate technical solution design & review
- Advocate best practice including code review and enforcing quality standards across engineering teams
- Lead hiring and engineering career growth across the region
- Proactively collaborate between local and global engineering teams to facilitate cross domain product innovation
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor degree in computer science and related majors
- 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
Attracting world class engineering talent is crucial to our long term success. We are also keen to contribute to the broader external engineering community in the form of blogs, talks and open source tools. Read about what we are up to here: https://medium.com/airwallex-engineering
- Forming highly performance teams including experience setting up agile engineering teams
- 3+ years people leadership including career growth planning & running performance reviews
- Planning and executing long range engineering strategy and product roadmaps including project governance & stakeholder management
- Familiar with commonly used design patterns, with experience in design and development of large-scale distributed, high concurrency, high load, high availability systems
- Mature systems design / platform architecture experience
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Hands on experience with search engine and information retrieval systems
-Exposure working on high volume distributed systems
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?