Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. This position reports to our Director of Finance in Hong Kong.
- Handle group consolidation, and other financial or non-financial information of the group
- Preparation of monthly GL journals with keeping proper accounting records for inspection
- Duties to prepare the monthly financial reports on timely basis
- Responsible for handling and submission of additional ad hoc reports managements when necessary
- Assist in preparing monthly FP&A report
- Assist in designing internal control measures up to industry standards
- Problem solving technique is required to help all staff of accounting department
- Responsible for dealing with external auditors if required
Skills and Requirements:
- Holder of Bachelor degree major or above in accounting of related disciplines
- At least 4 - 5 years working experience in accounting field
- Knowledge in consolidation accounting is preferred
- Proficient in MS word and excel
- Details oriented, positive attitude and self-motivated
- Willing to perform tasks hands on
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Big 4 experience is highly preferred
- Start up mindset is a must
- Immediate available is highly preferred
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.