Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Who We are
The Airwallex Cloud Infra team is a group of highly skilled, innovative, and collaborative professionals dedicated to creating and maintaining a cutting-edge, secure, and scalable infrastructure that supports our cross-border payment solutions. The team brings together experts in kubernetes, service mesh, cloud platforms, middlewares, database management and CI/CD processes, all working seamlessly to ensure the highest levels of performance, reliability, and security. Committed to constant improvement, the Cloud Infra team is pivotal to Airwallex's mission to empower businesses worldwide by providing a robust and efficient financial technology platform.
- Craft new cloud infrastructures services, tools and platforms based upon Kubernetes, Terraform and similar technologies, ensuring rapid, secure, and efficient provisioning and management of cloud infrastructure resources.
- Collaborate closely with fellow team members and stakeholders across the organization to identify areas for improvement, propose innovative solutions, and contribute to the continuous evolution of our infrastructure and technology stack.
- Monitor and maintain the overall health, performance, and security of our infrastructure, proactively identifying and resolving potential issues and vulnerabilities before they impact our customers.
- Participate in on-call rotations, working with other team members to provide prompt and efficient resolution of issues or incidents that may arise, maintaining the highest levels of availability, performance, and customer satisfaction on our infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain robust, flexible CI/CD pipelines that enable smooth deployment and integration of applications and services, minimizing the risk of errors and downtime.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with other team members, providing mentorship, guidance, and technical support to help them develop their skills and further enhance the capabilities of the Cloud Infra team.
- Stay current with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in AI, Kubernetes, cloud platforms, and related areas, proactively integrating new ideas and tools to ensure Airwallex remains at the forefront of financial technology.
- Over 5 years of experience in high performance, distributed systems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related fields.
- Strong expertise in working building Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes and containerization technologies.
- Expertise in Golang, Python or other programming languages.
- Proficiency in working with CI/CD pipelines and tools, such as GitLab CI, or similar, ensuring seamless deployment and integration of applications and services.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and resolve potential issues and vulnerabilities in a proactive manner.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and share knowledge and expertise with others.
- Experience in writing custom kubernetes operators
- Experience with Istio service mesh
- Experience with GitOps , such as ArgoCD
- Relevant certifications in DevOps, Kubernetes, or cloud platforms (e.g., GCP, AWS or Azure).
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?