Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- Investment Management: Develop investment policies, analyze investment opportunities, and make both short-term and long-term investment decisions that could strike a good balance between liquidity efficiency and investment return
- Risk Management: Identify, develop, and implement risk management strategies to mitigate potential risk exposures around counterparty risk, liquidity risk, FX risk, and other financial risks. etc., to protect the company's financial position.
- Strategic Financial Planning: participate in strategic financial planning by providing insights and recommendations on financial matters. Collaborate with senior management and other departments to align treasury strategies with the organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Continuous Improvement: drive continuous improvement initiatives within the treasury function. Stay updated on industry best practices, emerging technologies, and market trends to identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and optimization of treasury operations.
- Leadership and Team Management: The Treasury Director will manage and develop the treasury team. This includes recruiting and retaining talent, providing guidance and mentorship, setting performance objectives, and fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar related fields;
- Minimum 10 years Treasury experiences in a global company with complex cash and FX activities, preferably banking and payment industry;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills of working with very large amount of data and using tools to generate business insights;
- Experience in implementing technology-based Treasury solutions; can identify, influence and implement opportunities to make existing processes more efficient and enable new capabilities;
- Work independently with strong communication skills, leadership skills, responsible and pay attention to the details and respect the deadline;
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and autonomous environment, have a level of maturity to run your own race within the organization;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and urgency; a problem-solver who takes initiative and able to prioritize and execute tasks;
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who is not afraid of taking up challenges
- Someone who is not willing to settle with status quo and always looking for better solutions
- Someone who has strong problem solving skills
- Someone who is open minded and has strong fast learning capability
- Someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?