People Operations Specialist
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a People Operations Specialist to join our growing P&T Team. Reporting to and working closely with the People Operations Manager, your role will be providing administrative and project support throughout the employee lifecycle for our staff in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Japan. This is a great opportunity to work on high-impact global and local people initiatives.
Our People Operations Specialist will be the first point of contact for HR queries on processes and policies, be responsible for maintaining accurate local HR systems, and also assist in cultivating a workspace culture to ensure a positive employee experience.
- Support employee lifecycle activities including onboarding coordination, Day 1 Orientation, and offboarding process
- Be the first point of contact for new employees, welcoming them to the team and helping them transition into Airwallex.
- Maintain accurate employee records in our HRIS and other People Systems, ensuring high attention to detail
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects including recommending and implementing improvements to our current People administrative process
- Answer basic employee queries on processes and policies, maintaining a strong customer-centric attitude
- Develop creative ways to engage employees and connect them with the Company, the business, management, and co-workers including but not limited to organization of team events and facilitating culture initiatives regionally.
- Work closely with our People Operations Manager and Regional stakeholders on ad-hoc processes to improve employee experience
Who you are:
- You’re passionate about people, culture, and continuous improvement and aim to create a great employee experience.
- You have a low-ego attitude – ready and excited to conquer any task. You are smart, presentable, meticulous, well organised and an excellent team player;
- You consistently “go the extra mile” in your work
- You are execution oriented, with good instincts for anticipating needs and changes
- You have strong attention to detail and organization; an expert manager of priorities
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating proactively and directly
- You are reliable, understanding that your punctuality and presence supports a positive experience for the Airwallex team
- You can maintain total discretion on all matters, confidential or otherwise, business or personal
- You work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- You have good judgement and are able to meet challenges with a sense of calm and confidence
What you will bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a HR administrative support role
- Comfortable with all forms of start-up communication including Slack
- Proficiency in Google Suite and HRIS required (BambooHR a plus)
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality required
- Experience in a start-up environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources Management or relevant field
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?