Senior Manager, Issuing Risk Operations
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Risk management lies at the heart of everything we do in fintech. As a Senior Manager, Issuing Risk- you'll be in charge of assessing and mitigating risks in our issuing processes. It's all about keeping our operations secure, building strong relationships with product and strategy teams and shaping the future of finance.
You'll need a solid grasp of SQL and the ability to spot process gaps, putting effective measures in place to tackle issuing fraud.
What you'll be doing
- Support the global launch of our issuing product, including both virtual card and physical card globally
- Actively engage in the actual delivery of the project for issuing risk system optimization, and provide advice for rule setting, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Identify solutions and recommendations that are linked to issuing risk control.
- Build-up and fine-tune issuing risk related procedures to facilitate the global implementation
- Collaborate with global teams to manage the exceptional or escalation cases related to issuing risk to ensure the proper risk controls are in place
- Identify opportunities to streamline issuing risk assessment processes to increase operational efficiency and operational risk effectiveness
- Identify and engage appropriate stakeholders to facilitate targeted deep dives, thematic reviews and any additional directives from senior leadership
- Ensure team’s BAU work is well structured and managed including vetting, fraud risk monitoring and E2E account lifecycle management
- Design key data metrics to monitor team performance, portfolio performance, etc. to continuously explore improvement opportunities based on a data driven approach
- Always challenge the status quo and continuously strive for operational excellence
What you'll bring
- You have a bachelor's degree with at least 6+ years' experience in issuing risk domain knowledge.
- You have Prior experience in fintech industry is highly preferred.
- Beginner to intermediate SQL skills
- You have an In depth of the understanding of issuing statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- You have a practical understanding of risks and controls assessments with proven track recorded of applying technical skills and competencies in challenging and complex situations.
- you have Highly developed analytical skills with ability to synthesize complex information into quality reporting and presentations.
- You have the Ability to autonomously drive, prioritize multiple initiatives, and present to senior leadership.
- You have Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to positively influence stakeholders at all levels.
- You can Analyze trends in data in order to assist senior leadership with decision-making and process improvement initiatives, proficient in metrics and reporting.
- You enjoy working in a fast-growing environment and are able to work under pressure.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.