Senior Solutions Engineer, Solutions Engineering
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As the Senior Solutions Engineer you will work alongside our commercial teams throughout the pre-sales, solution design and API implementation stages. The Senior Solutions Engineer directly interfaces with our strategic clients to listen and gather client requirements and pain points, then work with various Airwallex departments from Sales, Product, Engineering, Strategy etc. to ensure our solution proposal is in motion to improve the customer's experience in order to secure the business deal. You will serve as the single technical point of contact as the customer’s trusted advisor for all Airwallex product offerings. The ideal candidates should have a recognized background in agile and product-centric technology development, API focused solution architecture designs, which enables them to easily interact and give guidance to client’s software developers and architects.
- Work with account executives to design solutions that solve critical business challenges for strategic clients, throughout the pre-sales, solution design and implementation stages
- Develop proof of concept applications built on top of Airwallex, present technical demonstrations, and help Airwallex client make the most of their integrations
- Lead RFP management process and collaborate closely with commercial teams, product teams, engineering teams, legal teams, ops teams, to drive consistency and accuracy in RFP responses
- Provide strategic insights to internal product teams on areas of improvement to the implementation process that can reduce time to go live, remove internal and/or client friction to accelerate time to transaction
- Be able to identify and troubleshoot technical issues and ensure client’s integration follow the best practice guidelines to create best client experience
- Provide structured feedback and work closely with Airwallex’s product and engineering teams
- Take ownership of outstanding deliverables and ensure they are captured per the project plan
- Research advanced technology regarding best practices in the vertical and seek to find best solutions
- Technical degree required; computer science or engineering background is highly desired
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar customer-facing engineering role such as solution consultant, solutions architect, sales engineer, for a global software enterprise
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and API architecture
- Understand at least one of the major programming languages (Java/ React/ Kotlin/ Typescript, etc.)
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications
- Experienced working in a dynamic environment, with start-up mentality and enjoys defining the rules
- Creative thinker who can proactively identify challenges and maintain a positive approach when facing difficult obstacles; strong analytical thinking and structured problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; fluent English is a must
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?