Senior Associate, FP&A
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
This role will be a key member of the AWX Finance team. As the FP&A Senior Associate, you will provide critical support to the financial planning and analysis function across AWX globally. You will assist in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting activities, contributing to informed decision-making processes. You will also support the design and implementation of the management reporting system at AWX. Reporting to the FP&A Director, you will work closely with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders across Finance as well as the Business to ensure accurate financial forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and forecasting processes by providing accurate and timely financial information.
- Assist in analyzing financial data, identifying trends, and preparing reports to support business planning and decision-making.
- Help maintain financial models and dashboards to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather inputs and assumptions for financial models and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly management reports, including assisting on variance analysis and commentaries.
- Assist in conducting in-depth financial analysis to evaluate profitability, cost management, and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Assist in partnering with other departments to drive efficiency, profitability, and overall business performance.
- Support the implementing of a new management reporting system at AWX
- Collaborate closely with other Finance teams on department wide projects and change management
- Collaborate closely with Data team in order to automate and increase efficiency of the team
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis requests from management and other departments.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of high performance, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the FP&A function.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. CPA or equivalent advanced finance qualification preferred.
- Sound knowledge of financial analysis techniques, budgeting, forecasting, cost allocations, accounting principles and financial modeling
- Familiarity with accounting principles, financial regulations, and reporting standards.
- Strong understanding of financial services and fintech businesses
- Proficiency in financial software and G-suite. Experience with data visualization tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present financial information and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with finance transformations projects is a plus
- Experience working independently and navigating ambiguity
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.