Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Licensing Manager will be responsible for leading and project managing the licensing applications in current and new markets, and renewing our existing licenses. This role will be based out of our Singapore, Malaysia Hong Kong or our UK / EU office.
- Lead and project manage license applications in current and new markets
- Work with our strategy and legal teams to understand market entry requirements and licensing requirements to formulate the best strategy to apply for licenses in markets
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders such as the product team, the financial partnership team, legal team and local country teams to prepare application documents, regulatory business plans and presentation materials to regulators around the world
- Deal with regulators to respond to queries and feedback on application materials
- Manage license renewals for the Group
Who you are:
- You lean in – You are proactive with business partners to identify the important items in the regulatory roadmap and keep pace with a fast-moving business
- You are a good project manager – You possess strong organizational skills and have a proven track record of managing large and complex projects
- You improve - You are naturally drawn to process improvement with the ability to identify inefficiencies and uplift processes accordingly
- You are heard - You display strong communication skills which allows you to communicate effectively with stakeholders from various departments
- You are a team player – You build rapport and become a vital part of a small and fast-paced team
- You are a doer – You conduct yourself in an autonomous way to deliver on the above...a key skill in any FinTech
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in consulting, legal or compliance functions
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong writing and communications skills including the ability to articulate legal and regulatory obligations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and to deliver results
- Experience with financial technology and/or payment businesses related licensing activities will be highly regarded
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.