Senior Manager, Operations Strategy
Posted on Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- Developing and implementing strategies to optimize operations. Working closely with talented Operations teammates in the region and around the world, you will apply an incredibly analytical approach to dramatically improve onboarding, fraud / financial crime management and customer support, all with the objective of providing a world-class customer experience. Involves comprehensive data analysis to identify operational gaps, bottlenecks, and areas of improvement.
- Collaborating with stakeholders: You will work closely with various stakeholders, including internal teammates and external: regulators and law enforcement agencies, and internal departments such as Legal, Risk, and Compliance, to ensure the organisation's financial crime prevention efforts are aligned with industry standards and best practices. Collaborate with product, engineering, finance, and customer success teams to ensure operational requirements are incorporated into product development and process enhancements. Lead cross-functional projects to drive operational initiatives, including system integrations, process redesign, and technology implementations. Foster a collaborative and cohesive environment by working closely with teams across different functions and geographies.
- Analytical wizard. You will be responsible for providing regular updates to senior management on the status of financial crime operations, including identifying emerging risks and proposing recommendations to mitigate those risks. Utilize analytical tools (SQL helpful but not required) to extract, analyse, and interpret large datasets to derive actionable insights. Develop and maintain operational dashboards and reports to track key performance indicators (KPIs), operational metrics, and trends. Communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership through effective data visualisation and presentations.
- Handle special projects and ad hoc incoming requests, including deep dives on issues identified by leadership or functional teams.
We are looking for someone who:
- wants to make a meaningful impact through their work
- never settles with status quo and always looking for better solutions
- has incredibly strong problem solving skills
- is a genuine truth-seeker, able to speak up while maintaining humility
What you will bring:
- 6-8 years of experience, preferably with a fast growing tech startup or top-tier strategy/management consulting or equivalent
- Extremely strong analytical skills and at least some experience in SQL
- Strong problem solving skills essential
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritise opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.