Senior Channel Partnerships Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Channel Partnerships team in Australia is responsible for expanding Airwallex’s partner relationships, with a focus on the e-commerce, start-up and accounting spaces. Airwallex’s partner relationships drive brand awareness, customer acquisition as well as various forms of product integrations and co-marketing opportunities. We are seeking a strategic, data driven Senior Channel Partnerships Manager to join the ANZ Partnerships team. This role will support both strategy and execution of partnerships in ANZ.
Based in Sydney, this role will report directly to the Head of Partnerships and work closely with other members of the SME Growth organisation.
What you'll do
- Acquire and build deep relationships with Airwallex referral and strategic channel partners, particularly within e-commerce, accounting & the start-up space.
- Explore new verticals and relevant partners that will impact the growth of the ANZ SME business.
- Manage all processes for acquiring and managing Airwallex partnerships (prospecting, meetings, contracting, integration (if required), onboarding and on-going management/ activation).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Airwallex, including the wider commercial team, strategy, operations and finance where required to deliver a seamless experience for our partners.
- Maintain ongoing engagement with partners to build towards a long-lasting relationship.
- Contribute ideas and initiatives to senior Airwallex stakeholders on how we can continue to strengthen our partner network.
Who you are
- You are a connector and hold yourself accountable for delivering on growth targets.
- You are a proactive self-starter and are able to identify, prioritise and execute new partnership opportunities independently.
- You are comfortable with change. You can navigate through ambiguity and are excited to be part of a fast-paced company that’s experiencing hyper-growth.
- You are relatable and effective at communicating and managing relationships with external partners.
What you'll bring
- Previous commercial experience in partnership, sales, marketing or business development. Experience in negotiation and partnership proposal development preferred
- Motivated by crafting win-win relationships and consistently seeking out new opportunities to deepen partnerships
- Experience in strategy/ops or working in tech or a fast growing start-up would be advantageous
- Existing relationships/strong network with referral partners in technology, e-commerce, accounting or start-ups are helpful
- Excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills
- Ability to synthesise data and use it to support decision making
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.