Staff Data Scientist, Analytics
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
The US team at Airwallex is looking for a Staff Data Scientist who will play a pivotal role in supporting our key customers with scalable data product solutions and data-driven insights. You will directly contribute to the success of Airwallex’s major customers, and bridge the gap between our customers, commercial and product teams.
This is a hybrid role based out of San Francisco, CA, with 3 days per week in our office.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to improve the product, and drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of business problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our products.
- Identify and measure success of product efforts through goal setting, forecasting, and monitoring of key product metrics to understand trends.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- 7+ years industry experience and an advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with communicating the results of analyses to executives and cross-functional teams to influence the strategy
- Expert in data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R), experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling a plus
- Ability to perform statistical analysis to drive data-informed decisions
- Experience in technology, financial services and/or a high growth environment is advantageous
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.