Sales Development Representative, Business Accounts
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We're currently looking for a Sales Development Representative in our team, this role will be focused on generating and qualifying leads to build Airwallex’s Hong Kong SME / Start Up sales pipeline. You should be excited about engaging with prospects to find out about their needs, adept at identifying high value opportunities and capable of managing early sales funnel activities.
You are used to delivering value in complex situations and are energised by learning about new and existing products. You enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of demand generation, refining sales process, the articulation of Airwallex’s value proposition and the creation of key tools and assets.
With the team, there are many opportunities to progress as the business continues to grow. If you’re driven, persistent and display traits as a strong team player, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Initiate contact with potential customers through email outreach/cold calling and follow up on designated touch-points throughout the customer journey
- Progress quality leads through the funnel, arrange client meetings and connect them with our account executive team
- Develop relationship with prospects to uncover needs through effective probing to qualify interest and viability to prepare hand-off to sales
- Update activity and contact information within the CRM system and support reporting efforts
- Inform and recommend outreach strategies and best practices through testing various types of touch-points
- Contribute to building out the best practices in our sales cycle as we grow the team
- Collaborate, provide feedback and insights to Marketing to help improve targeting and messaging
- Work closely with your designated Account Executive on the handover & first client meeting
What you'll bring:
- Strong motivator and you don’t take “No” easily as an answer
- Ambitious to make an impact and have a constant desire to improve yourself
- Performance-driven - You are motivated to go above and beyond to deliver against revenue targets
- A team player - You are a natural at building relationships with your colleagues but can work independently at ease
- Track record of top performance or prior success in an BDR-related role
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient level of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.