Senior Manager, Revenue Strategy
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As a manager in the Global Revenue Strategy team, you will be reporting directly to the Director, Global Revenue Strategy and working on initiatives of strategic importance to the business.
This role is based out of our Singapore office.
Who you are:
- A self-starter and independent thinker, capable of handling complex problems
- Someone who enjoys ‘getting things done’ and finds ways to drive tangible outcomes
- Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels, across cultures
- Resilient under pressure, and able to navigate through a global organization
- 5-8 years of experience across consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate development
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM fields from a top tier university
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with hands on experience of working data analytic tools and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Quick learner, meticulous, ability to work with and manage a wide range of stakeholder
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-moving environment with limited direction, balance engaging priorities, and manage several time-sensitive projects at once
- MBA from a top-tier university
- Experience in Financial technology, payments and/or a high-growth environment are advantageous
- Experience with SQL, Looker/Tableau or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Experience in leading pricing, monetization strategy projects
- Proven ability to engage and influence C-level executives and stakeholders in a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally by building relationships and influencing others
What you’ll do:
- Conduct detailed fact-based analyses, and develop long-term business strategies
- Develop robust business understanding and apply a strong value lens to develop actionable recommendations
- Project manage and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive key initiatives and roadmap delivery
- Take initiatives, anticipate, identify and resolve inefficiencies and roadblocks
- Manage tradeoffs and ensure timely delivery of projects
Monetization and Pricing Strategy:
- Work closely with Product and commercial teams to understand the customer need and core proposition of our products
- Design end-state strategy for monetization of our products and offerings
- Formulate hypotheses, analyze competition and industry data to devise pricing strategies for new products, with input from regional commercial leadership
- Design roadmap to reach the end-state goal
- Win buy-in for your recommendations, and work closely with Product and Go-to-market teams to implement strategy and drive commercial success
- Collaborate with Partnerships teams to review and sign-off on key commercial terms with third-parties
- Provide support to commercial teams on select, high-value and complex deals
Customer LTV and Cost Optimization:
- Define and execute strategic global initiatives to drive customer lifetime value (e.g. customer acquisition, activation, cross-sell/up-sell, retention)
- Identify opportunities and define initiatives to optimize financial, strategic partnership costs and other cost heads
- Collaborate with Financial and Strategic Partnerships teams to execute identified initiatives
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.