Onboarding Operations Manager - EMEA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Reporting to the Operations leader in EMEA, you will be responsible for the performance of our Onboarding Operations team in the UK and Europe. This role will work closely with stakeholders in Compliance, Commercial and Product, both locally and globally.
As a leader who is passionate about building a best-in-class customer experience while committed to meeting robust KYC standards, you will own onboarding processes and procedures within the region. You will have the opportunity to lead a growing team as we scale this function, also becoming a key stakeholder in the development of the systems that support and enable compliance operations at Airwallex.
For this role, we are looking for an individual who has experience in operations and has a strong understanding of KYC processes and the AML/CTF regulatory landscape.
You will join the Airwallex Operations team during a critical period for the EMEA business. This is a great opportunity to join the team and help shape the next phase of Airwallex’s growth.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Craft a market-leading onboarding experience for new customers
- Build short and long-term strategies to improve capacity, cost-efficiency and quality
- Pressure test our procedures in relation to managing risk through the customer lifecycle
- Monitor KYC requirements and collaborate with Compliance and Legal teams to incorporate them into our processes
- Drive towards increase automation and scale through various means (product, tooling, vendors, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally to address any gaps in our onboarding setup
- Collect and analyse data to make informed decisions on improving CX
- Manage a growing team across countries and empower them to deliver their best work
- Be responsible for your team’s performance KPIs and report regularly to management
What You'll Need
- Natural leaderrship - you have strong leadership skills that enable you to influence and motivate those around you
- Balance - you ensure decisions are made with risk, customer experience and the business in mind
- Data-driven - you are able to deep dive into the data to identify root cause issues and bring them up a level to make intelligent business decisions
- Process-oriented - you enjoy following and creating procedures to ensure an efficient and well-documented process
- A team player - you enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working with a team
- A master prioritiser - you use your sound judgement and data to assess all of the tasks at hand and are decisive in determining a holistic approach on key priorities
- Inquisitive by nature - you know when to dive a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it; you ask the right questions to arrive at solutions efficiently and creatively
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of experience working in KYC or onboarding operations
- Experience working in financial services onboarding (bank or fintech)
- Superb knowledge of AML/CTF regulations
- Strong analytical skillsExcellent project management skills
- Self starter attitude whose not afraid to get into the details
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is a must; past exposure to a high-growth and/or globally distributed startup is also a plus
- Experience or comfort working in a global environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.