Corporate Security Engineering Lead
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As the Corporate Security Engineering Lead, you will be a trusted member of the Information Security team and work closely with IT, Product and Engineering teams across the business.
Reporting directly to the Director, Security Engineering, this role will see you being a critical part of Airwallex, helping to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover the organisation from cybersecurity threats.
This is a dynamic and hands-on leadership role that requires experience in designing, developing and managing infrastructure projects, processes and standards related to the security of our networks, systems and applications.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the Corporate Security team to support information security relating to enterprise endpoints, networking and applications.
- Responsible for developing and managing the corporate security program.
- Partner with other teams within Airwallex to analyse new or existing applications, software, or services and help drive security improvements.
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate new security controls for a rapidly growing business.
- Perform incident response and hunt through log sources to identify new threats.
- Design and implement custom detection strategies and workflows to support the incident response lifecycle.
- Analyse and develop integration, testing, operations, and maintenance of secure systems.
- Use data collected from a variety of endpoint, network and cloud tools (e.g. EDR, authentication, firewalls, network traffic logs) to analyse, identify and mitigate threats.
- Design, test, implement, deploy and maintain cybersecurity infrastructure projects.
- Investigate, analyse and respond to cybersecurity incidents within the Airwallex environment.
- Perform assessments of systems and networks to identify deviations in configurations and policies, identify vulnerabilities and support suitable mitigation and remediation.
- Conduct collection, processing, and/or geolocation of threats in order to exploit, locate, and/or track cybersecurity threats infrastructure.
- Perform network navigation, tactical forensic analysis, and defensive operations.
- Identify, collect, examine, and preserve digital forensic evidence using analytical and investigative techniques.
What you'll bring
- A passion for solving the complex challenges of high-growth startups.
- Self motivation and drive to learn new skills, or dive deeper into existing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or similar.
- Recognised training or cybersecurity certifications (eg OSCP, GIAC, CEH).
- 5+ years working in a security engineering or incident response role within a tech company, with 2 years in a leadership role.
- Strong experience with Crowdstrike EDR, Splunk and other common security monitoring tools.
- In depth understanding of common attacker tools and techniques, how they can be detected and prevented, and ability to respond to incidents with high depth and quality of investigation.
- Experience with GCP, Alibaba Cloud, and other cloud platforms is preferred.
- Experience with Okta, GSuite, and cloud-based VPN services is preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical security and software concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with Python, Java/Kotlin, and/or Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of common software development tools and infrastructure, including CI/CD tooling and pipelines.
- Published articles, journals or blogs related to cybersecurity.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.