Regulatory Compliance Counsel
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel (Regulatory Compliance & Licensing) based in Singapore, this role will have a strong focus on providing cutting-edge advice on complex regulatory and licensing issues in Southeast Asia (“SEA”) and around the world. As a Regulatory Compliance Counsel, you will be a valuable member of a global team. You will be given the opportunity to support a rapidly growing business that is at the forefront of innovation of financial services and assist the SEA management team with navigating an evolving regulatory landscape. If you are someone that loves working in a fast-paced environment and is able to work under pressure, then this role could be for you.
- Be part of the legal team that handles all regulatory and licensing issues relating to our SEA businesses, spanning the full range of financial services products in the market.
- Provide regulatory compliance analysis and input in key corporate governance forums, including the Compliance Committee and Executive Management Committee.
- Monitor SEA regulatory trends and developments and work closely with our Financial Crime Compliance team to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Assist our Customer Support team with the drafting of responses to customer complaints.
- Assist with regulatory correspondence, negotiations, and licensing applications with key regulators in SEA.
- Design, review and update manuals, policies, procedures, and compliance registers to ensure compliance with SEA laws and regulations.
- Advise local and global Product, Strategy and Management teams on launch of new products or business initiatives and lead contractual negotiations from a regulatory perspective.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders globally.
- Liaise with external counsel on a wide range of regulatory matters.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of either post-qualification experience (or very strong pre-qualification experience gained with an equivalent fintech company).
- Strong regulatory experience gained in the fintech industry, reputable law firm(s), regulator or financial institutions.
- Sound knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment in SEA(experience with regulators across multiple jurisdictions within SEA a definite advantage).
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive, results-driven, and take ownership for their work.
- Ability to multi-task and a team player with strong communication skills
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.