Software Engineer, Backend, Shanghai (Payment Acceptance)
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- Work with a wide range of systems and teams to deliver a solid foundation for our global payment infrastructure
- Communicate with other engineering teams across Airwallex’s global offices
- Collaborate with our users and financial partners on a regular basis
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Debug production issues at multiple levels of the stack
- Own and optimize several critical parts of Airwallex’s online payment processing flow
【You may be a fit for this role if you】:
- Have at least 2 year of engineering experience
- Love to design systems that are elegant abstractions over complex patterns/practices, especially in the financial industry
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work mostly in Kotlin
- However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving making decisions with different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Engineers at Airwallex collaborate with teams across the company, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world
【Nice to Have】:
- Familiar with Spring / Spring Boot
- Familiar with HTTP protocol and RESTful specifications
- Knowledge about Cassandra / PostgreSQL / Redis / NoSQL
- Working experience with Kotlin / Scala / Python / Shell
- Working experience with RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Knowledge about Nginx / F5
- Working experience with cloud vendors, such as Aliyun Cloud, GCP or AWS
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.