Head of Financial Partnerships, APAC
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
This leadership role is critical to developing and delivering Airwallex’s global financial infrastructure. It will execute the end-to-end strategy, implementation, and executive relationship management across all regions with banks, card schemes, and alternate payment providers. Leading a group of geographically diverse, seasoned, and regional experts, your goal is to ensure our financial services partner network is world-class. This role will directly report to the VP and Global Head of Financial Partnerships.
What you'll do:
- Intimately understand the Airwallex financial operating system products and services to ensure that the right partners are selected to support the delivery of our roadmap.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of partnerships from strategy to signing through implementation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leadership across Legal, Compliance, Product, Engineering, Strategy, and Operations.
- Effectively impact Airwallex customers by working with partners and internal product teams to deliver new products and payment corridors.
- Lead a team spread across APAC and manage partner relationships. This team is expected to work with our partners to develop industry-leading solutions, solving problems for our customers that the industry has yet to solve.
- Harness a strong executive network for building thought leadership in payments.
- Represent Airwallex as an executive spokesperson at events and in the media.
What you'll bring:
- Experience working in Fintech/Payments/Card Schemes/Corporate Banking supplemented with a background in tier-1 Consulting/Investment Banking/Corporate Development. You should have a strong bias towards business and product development.
- Executive relationships with banks, schemes, and alternative payment providers in Asia Pacific would be a plus.
- You are an expert in crafting thoughtful partnership and product strategies with banks and card networks at scale.
- You are fascinated with the global financial ecosystem, embedded finance adoption, and globalization of enterprises, and you are generally an expert in payments.
- You are an exceptional communicator and can connect with people at all levels, internally and with external stakeholders.
- You exhibit a strong product instinct and can identify opportunities to leverage partners’ and Airwallex’s existing and future products.
- You have strong negotiation skills and can hustle to make multiple complex deals work parallel across regions.
- Have experience effectively managing a lean yet high-performing team across different time zones.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.