Global Sanctions Compliance Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
A global role based in The US, The UK, The Netherlands or Lithuania and reporting to the Global Financial Crime Compliance Director, the selected candidate will lead the global development of the Airwallex sanctions compliance programme covering compliance risk assessments, compliance frameworks, policies and procedures.
The focus of the Global Sanctions Specialist is to safeguard the Airwallex business as we continue to expand our global presence and disruptive suite of payments infrastructure and products. As the global sanctions expert you will be tasked with building our sanctions programme across all regions and will serve as the global expert handling complex investigations and escalations.
- Lead the global sanctions compliance programme and growth roadmap to include the deployment of a world class repository of sanctions compliance policies, procedures and workflows
- Develop, support and oversee a global sanctions related compliance risk assessment process in collaboration with global Financial Crime leaders and peers
- Perform new and existing product sanctions risk assessments
- Handle sanctions escalations throughout the business and assess any sanctions risk exposure and/or reporting obligations as relevant
- Support complex product development initiatives as we leverage technology to embed in-house sanctions screening tooling
- Review Compliance Ops procedures and/or help write them as needed to implement the sanctions policies developed for Airwallex
- Perform proactive reviews of sanctions related key controls (ex. screening system) and own the drafting of reports outlining the outcome thereof
- Assess regulatory changes and their impact on Airwallex, update policies and procedures accordingly
- Enable regional and global growth plans through strong risk management and compliance understanding
- Train staff on nuances in sanctions rules and regulations to ensure they are equip to handle their roles and responsibilities effectively
What You Bring
- Critical analytical skills - able to review transactions and/or customer profiles and assess sanctions risk and appropriate mitigation thereof
- Deep sanctions regulatory expertise and understanding of relevant reporting requirements and ability to fulfill them
- Deep understanding of geo-political issues and ability to assist Airwallex in navigating the complex sanctions related issues
- Experience performing risk assessments of new and existing products from a sanctions perspective
- Experience reviewing and assessing sanctions key controls (ex. Screening system) and ability to opine on whether they are fit for purpose or not
- Experience drafting reports for senior management on the relevant associated sanctions risks and recommendations to manage that risk
- Experience reviewing/drafting sanctions alert review procedures and training more junior colleagues who will be handling sanctions related reviews/escalations
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.