Analyst / Senior Analyst, Name Screening (Mandarin Speaking)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Senior Analyst/Analyst to join our team as a Name Screening expert. The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct comprehensive name screening and analysis to identify potential risks and threats related to individuals or entities. The Senior Analyst/Analyst will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining the integrity of our organization, and mitigating potential risks. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in name screening, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to handle sensitive information with utmost confidentiality.
- You’re a team player - work cohesively with colleagues from across the organisation and be able to inspire a shared vision
- Relentlessly curious - Your analytical skills are second to none and the concept of deriving data-driven insights invigorates you... but you don't succumb to analysis paralysis
- Inquisitive by nature - You know when to dig a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it; in doing so, you ask the right questions necessary to arrive at a sound, risk-based decision
- Process driven - You enjoy developing, documenting, and following procedures to ensure they are efficient, scalable, and defensible
- You are an exceptional communicator – being able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders
- You thrive under pressure – and work well with constant change and the ambiguity of a startup environment
What you will be doing
- Conduct thorough name screening and analysis using various tools and databases to identify potential risks and threats posed by individuals or entities.
- Analyze screening results to assess Sanctions risks and provide recommendations for further actions.
- Stay updated on legal and regulatory requirements related to Sanctions, ensuring compliance throughout the screening process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather additional information for accurate risk assessment.
- Provide guidance and support to junior analysts involved in name screening activities.
- Develop and maintain screening protocols, guidelines, and best practices to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the screening process.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and documentation summarizing screening findings, risk assessments, and mitigation strategies.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging risks associated with name screening, and proactively recommend measures to address them.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and deliver training programs on name screening techniques and compliance procedures.
- Perform other non-screening tasks that may be assigned by line manager from time to time and ensure the effective discharge of the tasks assigned (such as process improvements in the account services workflow).
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as finance and business
- Fluent Mandarin and English is required
- 2-3 years relevant hands-on experience on AML/Screening role in a Financial Institution
- Excellent analytical and research skills, with the ability to gather, interpret, and evaluate complex information from multiple sources.
- In-depth knowledge of name screening techniques, and performing desktop research using both publicly available information and commercially licensed data sources.
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory requirements related to sanctions, anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) regulations.
- Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude are must-haves.
- Shift work will be required on rotation (weekends and night shift)
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.