Senior Manager, Strategic Finance & Corporate Development
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Finance & Corporate Development will play a pivotal role in driving our strategic direction and growth and will be involved in capital markets, investor relations, M&A, investments, international expansion, and other strategic projects
- Analyze where to deploy resources and develop partnership, investment, and/or acquisition strategies to drive long term strategic value
- Evaluate white space business, product, and market opportunities in the ecosystem
- Work with executives on fundraising activities and investor communication
- Develop operating and financial models to inform our business strategy and decisions
- Execute M&A transactions and investments that will have a material impact on the business
- A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies
- Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritize opportunities to focus on
- Someone who consistently “goes the extra mile” in your work
- Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Someone with the ability to synthesize and communicate in a simple but effective manner to stakeholders and senior management
What You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in top-tier investment banking, private equity, venture capital, strategy/management consulting or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills essential
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required, ability to create and manage financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsTechnology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.