Director, Global Tax
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
The Director of Group Tax will be responsible for ensuring tax compliance within the organization, including all global offices, and seeking opportunities to optimize the Group’s tax structure and cost. This role will also be able to support business growth by providing tax insights.
What you'll be doing
- Lead tax operation & reporting across global offices
- Work with other finance team members to ensure local tax compliance
- Lead the global tax planning projects to optimize group tax cost
- Review the tax implications on new business arrangements and products to provide professional advice
- Develop appropriate tax-related policies and processes to make sure proper internal controls are in place and mitigate potential risks
- Support various business projects efficiency enhancement, system implementation, and any ad-hoc project/departments
What you'll bring
- 15 years of relevant professional tax experience (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Accountancy qualification such as CA, CPA is preferred
- Excellent learning ability and keen to understand and drive business and can work under pressure
- Advanced Microsoft Office SkillsAttention to detail is a must, with an ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Ability to think beyond numbers and combine data with strategy and financial insight
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
What you get
- Ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- A collaborative, fast-paced environment where you will create a genuine impact
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.