Staff Backend Engineer, FX & Core Banking Platform
New South Wales, Australia
Posted on Friday, July 12, 2019
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Staff Engineer is a high-impact, collaborative role responsible for driving outcomes across the wider product & engineering organization. As a Staff Engineer, you will help define and implement our teams’ engineering strategy which will include leading the selection and rollout of patterns and frameworks within the core banking solutions team. While you do not have direct reports, you will be expected to demonstrate technical leadership across the core banking platform squad. You will also demonstrate strategic technical leadership to help us create high quality solutions.
As a team, we own several of Airwallex's critical systems including the b2b digital wallet (client ledger) and related reporting infrastructure. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the next generation Core Banking domain boundary & evolution of our mission critical client ledger which powers the existing ecosystem of Airwallex product capabilities including card issuing, payments, foreign exchange, expense management and will unlock hotly anticipated future opportunities including credit cards & savings accounts.
- Have a passion for the accounting domain (ledger, financial transactions) & experience working in financial services
- Have experience working on low latency, high volume distributed systems & with event driven architectures.
- Enjoy engaging in collaborative multi-functional teams and utilising your outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Are well versed within backend technologies. With curiosity about our tech-stack; Java or Kotlin, Spring/ Spring Boot
- Previously worked with automated tests and been involved in quality control processes.
- Engaged with cloud technologies like (GCP/ AWS) with additional exposure to technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience integrating with observability tooling such as Splunk, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana
- Exposure working with frontend technologies such as React and Angular
Nice to have:
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
When you join Airwallex, You Choose "Bigger Growth Opportunities."
In 2022 as a Global business, we achieved the following:
- Series E stage, total funding of USD $900 Million, $5.5B valuation
- Expanded into new markets
- Forged partnerships with Shopify, Hubspot, Plaid, Trip Actions/Navan, Agoda, and Qantas
- We launched our Scholarship Partnership with The University of Melbourne
- Asia FinTech Awards: Team of the Year, Fintech of the Year
- Xero Awards Australia: Financial Services App of the Year
- Top 100 Women in Fintech: #40 Lucy Liu, Co-Founder of Airwallex
- Over 37% of our Australian team were promoted last year
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 3 months each year
🦄 Accelerate your career - We've reached consistent unicorn status and our people are a huge part of this. Airwallex is the place where you can grow to your full potential, with more than a third of our Australian team promoted last year
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?